Senior Interior Designer
Position Summary: A Senior Designer is responsible for producing high-quality project design deliverables in both FF&E and construction documents. A Senior Designer can work on any/all phases of development including Pre-Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration. He/she reports to the Project Manager on tasks and deliverables and works directly with him/her to ensure the facilitation of a project’s completion on-time, on/under-budget, and meeting SME Solutions’ quality standards.
- Lead the development of interiors for multiple projects.
- Prepare and review detailed implementation document sets (floorplans, elevations, details, specification schedules, specification sheets, etc.).
- Generate project documents and schedules, managing the procurement packages for complete FF&E solutions from concept through installation and closeout.
- Collaborate with the project team to ensure accurate drawings and database information.
- Work as an integral member of an integrated project team through all project phases. No planning is done in a vacuum and must be coordinated with the project manager.
- Collaborate in managing projects to satisfy requirements from a budget and schedule perspective while delivering a quality work product.
- Actively invest in the professional development of staff through mentoring, motivating, performance management, and career planning.
- Extremely proficient in interpreting and applying local building codes, healthcare client standards, and ADA guidelines.
- Proficient in MS Office and SharePoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills particularly with furniture reps and vendors.
- Proactive in reaching out to client personnel for needed information. Willing to enforce deadlines.
- Advanced skills in Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu
- Advanced knowledge of FF&E in a healthcare environment.
- Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours, weekends, holidays, and evenings as necessary during project activations.
- Able to work independently on tasks, but also as a member of the project activation team.
Education and Experience:
- Accredited professional degree in Interior Design, Architecture, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- NCIDQ Certification for at least 10 years.
- 10 years experience in commercial or healthcare facility design. DOD or VA preferred.
- Solid experience in Revit and BIM360 in an architectural or interiors field is required and additional experience in AutoCAD is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in healthcare operations and related furniture, fixtures, casework/case goods, and signage, and be able to translate requirements into design/ construction/installation documents Familiarity with construction documentation, and shop drawings.
- Experience working with furniture and equipment vendors.
- Comfortable working remotely as a team member.
- Travel Requirements: Work from home. Travel required up to 50% of work time during project activations, orientations, and training.
To apply for this position, please email resume to email@example.com